After lusting over the BaByliss New Big Hair heated brush for so long, I finally decided to make it mine.
The blustery winter weather has definitely taken it's toll on my flat and lifeless hair so this electrical styling tool has been the perfect investment, helping to give my hair a much-needed volume boost.
My usual hair routine consists of drying my hair with a hairdryer and smoothing any fly away ends with my GHD straighteners. But I soon realised that straighteners aren't really the right kind of styling tool for me as my hair is already pretty straight naturally.
Using the BaByliss New Big Hair has meant that I no longer have to use a round hairbrush and a hairdryer for a salon 'blow dry' effect as the brush handles both of those in one swift action.
At first the brush does take time to get used to and I would say there is a technique to master. As you can see from my first attempt (above), the brush has defined my layers, helping to give my hair more shape and volume.
I'm sure I could create even more lift now I have been using the styling tool for the past few days.
From my experience, the easiest way to use this electrical styling to is to:
- Wash the hair and leave it semi-dry/damp. The styling tool won't work too well if the hair is too wet but it does need to be fairly damp.
- Section the hair into various layers with large clips and leave the top section of the hair until the end to get more volume on top.
- If you're hair is thick you may need to part the hair into finer sections to ensure each strand of hair becomes dry.
- Start by turning the brush on and select a suitable heat setting - there are two settings to choose from.
-Placing the large brush head underneath the hair at the roots, pull the brush in a downward motion and then use the buttons at either side to create a flick or extra volume at the ends. I was really impressed that the buttons allow you to curl the hair right under and then quickly release it.
- For extra volume at the roots, hold the styler there for a few extra seconds and it should lift your hair.
- Repeat on each section of hair until you achieve a voluminous effect and secure with a touch of hairspray.
So, what do I really love about the styling tool?
The BaByliss New Big Hair is a great way to save money on salon visits as you can achieve the same amount of volume from the comfort of your own home, so it's great to have one of these to hand before a night out!
It weighs roughly the same as a set of straighteners or a hairdryer so the styler would make a great travel companion for on-the-go big hair.
Finally, at £45 this styling tool is a great price as it doubles up as a hairdryer and styling tool in one, which also means that it takes up less storage space.
This hair tool has been a complete life saver as I've been using it in the morning before work to give my hair a professional salon finish. When really it's only taken 5-10 minutes!
I can also enjoy making my hair look more volumised without the help of dry shampoo and plenty of rigorous back combing!
From reading plenty of beauty blogs, I know that this styling tool has been hugely popular. I'm also loving the new BaByliss Pro Perfect Curl so I think that's likely to be next on my wishlist.
Have you tried the BaByliss New Big Hair before?